Principles of Military Leadership
FM22-10, Department of the Army Field Manual; Leadership, March 1951
1. Know yourself and seek self-improvement.
2. Be tactically and technically proficient.
3. Seek responsibility and take responsibility for your actions.
4. Set the example.
5. Know your people and look out for their welfare.
6. Keep your people informed.
7. Ensure the task is understood, supervised, and accomplished.
8. Develop a sense of responsibility among your people.
9. Train your people as a team.
10. Make sound and timely decisions.
11. Employ your unit in accordance with its capabilities.