Topic: Staff Duties
US Army Style Rules
US Department of the Army 600-67; taken from The Joint Staff Officer's Guide 1993, AFSC PUB 1
1. Put the recommendation, conclusion, or reason for writing in the first or second paragraph.
2. Use the active voice.
3. Use short sentences (15 words or less).
4. Use short words (three syllables or fewer).
5. Write paragraphs no more than 1 inch deep.
6. Use correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
7. Use "I", "You", and "We" as subjects of sentences.
Posted by regimentalrogue at 12:01 AM EDT