The X-Ray Staff
No. 3 Canadian General Hospital
For most of the First World War, from 6 Jan 1916 to 29 May 1919, No. 3 Canadian General Hospital was located at Boulogne sur Mer. The photo album of Nursing Sister Ada Andrews Kemp, of Port Hope, Ontario, shows rare glimpses of life at No. 3 C.G.H., such as the above image of the X-Ray Staff.
The Canadian medical services during the First World War were supplied with 520 x-ray outfits and used 1,076,000 x-ray plates in a single year.